Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I'm Only Happy When it Rains




Well, that's not true, but it is fun when you're inside watching a silly old episode of Land of the Giants from Netflix, and you don't have to be out in it.

When I was a kid, I had dreams about capturing a little Gary Conway, or being shrunk down to his size and us making out in a Mason jar. Odd, right? Heck, the guy was a stud! And that so-so-tight red flight suit. Check out his muscles in I Was a Teenage Frankenstein and in Physique Pictorial, oh and later, Playgirl!

It's raining in San Francisco, which happens rarely this time of year. I stepped outside to open my compost bin so the rain could rinse it off. The rotting fruit, meat and veggy bits make for a horrid muck. But my downstairs neighbor stuffed it full of shrub clippings. He obsessively sweeps every night, as if the ten feet of sidewalk were Buckingham Palace. Oh, well.



Speaking of silly Brit muck, a U.K. safe sex organization has gotten under fire for their hilarious campaign using action figures. The sexual innuendo's a bit too much for some. you can make your own action figure (sort of; mine's still nekkid).

I think it's a hoot. But I always had a thing for tiny muscular men.

No comments: